Recent Posts
  • Work Based Learning TourWork Based Learning Tour
    On Monday, Sept. 11, the West Delaware Community School District hosted a Work-Based Learning Tour at Henderson Products in Manchester after Linda Fandel requested a visit with the school. Fandel, the Governor’s Liaison for Work-Based Learning at the Iowa Workforce Development, requested a visit with the school as part of an Iowa high school Work-Based...
Check out Our Instagram!
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No feed found.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.

Students Celebrate FFA Week with Ag Olympics

Sophomores+Vedah+Langel%2C+Lena+Petlon%2C+Malorie+Putz%2C+and+Rayleigh+Heims+celebrate+FFA+Week+with+a+relay+race+in+the+upper+gym+on+Feb.+23.++
    Elizabeth Sleper
    Sophomores Vedah Langel, Lena Petlon, Malorie Putz, and Rayleigh Heims celebrate FFA Week with a relay race in the upper gym on Feb. 23.

FFA students celebrated FFA week with the Ag Olympics on Feb. 23 in the upper gym. 

Teams of students from each grade participated in a relay, where students dressed like a farmer, tossed a tire, stacked bales of hay, found the toy cow in the haystack, and hopped in the potato sack race.

“It went great overall,” Rachel Findling, FFA Advisor said. “A few stacks of hay broke on the gym floor, but overall it went great.”

Freshman Addison Schulte said her favorite part was participating with friends. “At first I really didn’t want to participate, but once I did, it was exciting,” Schulte said.