WaMaC Art Show

Luca Smith

Teacher Pitzenberger-Timp helps selects art for the WaMaC art competition. Four of the pieces include Jaidyn Ronnebaum’s (9) “Beetle Juice,” Hannah Cantwell’s (9) “Self Portrait,” Hallie Knutson’s (12) “Pumpkin Boogie,” Kennedy Loesche’s (9) “Self Portrait.”

Luca Smith, Staff

West Delaware High School is hosting the WaMaC Art Conference from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m on Wednesday, April 20. The show will consist of six area high schools, including West Delaware, Beckman, Marion, Maquoketa, Mount Vernon, and Solon.

Each school district is allowed to enter up to 20 pieces of art with a grand total of 120 visual art entries.

Teacher Jolene Pitzenberger-Timp is anticipating an outstanding showing of student talent. “It’s a show you won’t want to miss,” Pitzenberger-Timp said.

At the show students will peruse the show and vote for the Students’ Choice Terry Masters Award. Jeremy Rudd, local sculpture artist, ISU grad, and former WaMaC art student, will also speak. The day will conclude with a slide presentation and award ceremony for the winning art entries.