Why You Should Get Involved at West Delaware?

Lucy Loecke (12) keeps with the pack during the second mile at Decorah.

CJ Taylor, Staff

West Delaware High School offers over 30 activities and athletics for its student body. At least 57% of the students attending West Delaware are involved in at least one activity, but why not more?

By getting involved with some award-winning arts programs like speech, show choir, and musical, you can end a season by celebrating success with your friends. Winter athletics like wrestling and bowling have gone to state many times in recent years. What better of an experience than ending a season at the highest level?

Some great memories made recently by some students are the following:

• In the 2019 speech season, one group was able to compete in pajamas for their “Bedtime Story” performance! 
  • Varsity girls cross country runners jumped into a lake to celebrate their successful season this year.
  • With the help of each homeroom, student council members decorated the halls for homecoming week this year. 

Many other fun memories exist, and you can have them if you get involved in our high school activities.

Other clubs like FFA (Future Farmers of America) and TADA (Teens Against Drug Abuse) help our community through volunteer work and raising awareness for issues in Delaware county.

If you’re not quite ready to get involved now but might be interested in our spring athletics, soccer, golf, and track can be a great introduction to teamwork here at West Delaware.

So don’t be shy. Reach out to a coach or leader today and get involved at West Delaware!