March of Dimes Fundraiser

FBLA Raises over $500

FBLA+adviser+Jodie+Bramel+and+FBLA+member+Allison+Mullen+%2811%29+count+coin+totals+for+this+years+March+of+Dimes+fundraiser.+

Jenna Philipp

FBLA adviser Jodie Bramel and FBLA member Allison Mullen (11) count coin totals for this year’s March of Dimes fundraiser.

Molly Mullis, Contents Editor

Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) raised a total of $507.07 for Northeast Iowa March of Dimes through their 2020-21 March of Dimes fundraiser. 

Teachers pushed their first-hour students to donate to this cause, which aims to improve the health of mothers and infants. 

Raising $233.77 in coins, Jennie Voss’s first-hour class claimed first place and earned their breakfast of choice from FBLA, despite $41.00 in bills sabotaging their overall coin count.

Other first-hour classes that placed in the top five based on their final coin total include Nate Lahr ($71.90), Joan Salow ($28.00), Helen Temeyer ($18.65), and Jennifer Huehnergarth ($17.32). 

Around 20 classrooms took part in this fundraiser. Jodie Bramel, FBLA adviser, is proud of her students’ competitive spirit this year. “I truly appreciated the enthusiastic response and generous donations from students and staff during this challenging year!”

This year, West Delaware students raised $100 more for March of Dimes than last year.