An Update: Pins that Pay

Back to Article
Back to Article

An Update: Pins that Pay

In his district semifinal match, senior Mitchel Mangold pins a Camanche wrestler. The Hawks earned four falls during the district tournament.

Reagan Dolan

Reagan Dolan

Reagan Dolan

JoAnna Voss, Sports Editor

Since its debut after Christmas break at the Center Point/Central DeWitt wrestling meet, the Pin-O-Meter’s readings have doubled.

In the last month of their season, the Hawks racked up over 470 pins increasing their pin-a-thon earnings to over $14,000 and surpassing the 403 pins earned during the 2017-2018 season.  

The Hawks have used these earnings to pay for new warm-ups and singlets, as well as an overnight trip to Perry where the team competed in a tournament. The extra funds will help to pay for future expenses and future trips to Perry.

The wrestlers will collect their individual pledges by March 13.

About the Contributors
JoAnna Voss, Sports Editor

I am JoAnna Voss, and I am a junior. I play softball and volleyball. I also am an administrative assistant for the wrestling team. When I’m not beating...

Reagan Dolan, Staff

I am Reagan Dolan and I am a junior. I am involved in FFA, 4-H, FCA, County Council, and Gymnastics. I am also an administrative assistant for the wrestling...