FFA Week Activities

Tehya Demmer

FFA celebrates Ag Week Feb. 18 – 22.

Tehya Demmer, Staff

Crazy snowstorms have already rocked FFA week and it’s only just begun.

No FFA week activities have been canceled, however.

Kicking off the week, FFA members wore blue and gold on Monday to show their pride. National blue and corn gold represent the agricultural organization.

On Tuesday, members will prepare the staff breakfast. One part of the FFA motto states, “… living to serve.” By feeding the staff, FFA members are following what the motto advises members to do.

Typically, Wednesday is a fun day where some students drive their tractors to school. Due to impending weather, FFA advisor Tammy Schnieders decided to postpone tractor day.

Schnieders said, “With the streets so narrow due to the snow build-up, I think it would be   hazardous to allow them to come in.”

On Thursday, FFA members will deliver cutout sugar cookies to agriculture-related businesses in Delaware County to thank them for their support.

On Friday, FFA members usually host Ag Olympics, but this year Ag Olympics will be held on March 15. Administrators believe that with the unpredictable weather the Ag Olympics should be pushed back.

Farm animals will be hidden throughout the school all week. Students may bring them to teacher Tammy Schnieders’ room to receive a prize.

The FFA crowning, which usually takes place at a basketball game, will take place at the FFA banquet in the spring.

Ag student teacher Rachael White said, “Growing up, my community didn’t have FFA, so I think this will be such a fun week.”