West Delaware Hosts Fifth Annual Dance Marathon

Back to Article
Back to Article

Dancing for a cause draws in plenty of students, such as Caleb Kehrli (12), Aleah Vaske, Laia Lopez Rigol, Ben Litterer, Olivia Neuzil (12), and Justin Grawe (12).

Grace Reiss

Grace Reiss

Grace Reiss

Tyler Salow, Webmaster

In just a few short days, West Delaware’s Student Council will host yet another Dance Marathon with Maquoketa Valley, Ed-Co, and Starmont High Schools.

Saturday, Feb. 9 will mark the fifth Dance Marathon in West Delaware history.

Starting from 7 p.m. till midnight, participants can take part in giant Jenga, face painting, a lip sync contest and dancing in the upper gym.

While the weather has stopped some of their fundraisers, the Dance Marathon committee is still hoping to make $5,000 this year.

“It all goes towards the Iowa Children’s Hospital in Iowa City,” senior Grace Reiss said. “And this year we’re partnering with Loras College, so there will be college kids there helping out and keeping the energy up!”

Reiss has been a part of the Dance Marathon all through her high school career. “It’s been a journey!” Reiss said. “I’ve had so much fun over the years raising money for such a great cause!”

Tickets are available for $5 at the door. T-shirts will be available at the dance for $12 and glow stick as well for $1. All proceeds will go to the Iowa Children’s Hospital.