WaMaC East Champions

West Delaware volleyball team beats Beckman to win the WaMac East.

Emily Klostermann, Contents Editor

• The volleyball team poses with honoree Brynn Boeckenstedt with their trophy. All of the proceeds raised went to the Boeckenstedt family.

• Setter Macey Kleitsch sets the ball to her hitters. Kleitsch dished out 36 assists against Beckman.

• During the first set, Sabrina Welcher (12) serves the ball to the Beckman defenders. The Hawks improved their record to 6-0 in the WaMaC and 25-7 overall.

• Claire Demmer (12) jumps to spike the ball over the net. Demmer lead the team in kills with 12.

• After winning the game, Paighton Lindauer (12) celebrates. Lindauer finished the night with three digs.

• Carson Petlon (10), Kyle Kelley (10), Jordan Bries (12), and Nick Casey (12) celebrate the Hawk victory. Students dressed in pink in honor of cancer awareness night.

• With the WaMaC trophy in hand, the volleyball team celebrates after their win. The Hawks beat Beckman 3-2.

The West Delaware volleyball team faced Beckman Catholic High School last night with the WaMaC East title on the line.

The Hawks came out on top with an exciting 3-2 win to clinch the title.

“It felt really good to win,” JoAnna Voss (12) said. “We knew that they were going to be a good team, and we knew that we could beat them.”

It was also cancer awareness night with all of the proceeds going to Brynn Boeckenstedt (10) and her family. Over $1600 was raised from silent auction items and t-shirts.