Speech Really Is All Fun and Games

Students Participate in the Third Annual Speech Game Night

Leah Philipp

While participating in the relay, freshman Eric Salow blows a feather across the gym floor.

Leah Philipp, Contents Editor

On Saturday, Apr. 21, approximately 30 students gathered in the high school commons for Speech Game Night. While there, students spent time with friends and competed in various activities, such as trivia games, a scavenger hunt and a relay.

The speech team created the annual Speech Game Night because students are rarely able to celebrate speech together.

Head speech coach Abby Osborne said, “We are so large that it’s hard to organize everyone, bond and just have fun, so (Speech Game Night) is a great opportunity for us to do that.”

Speech member Tyler Salow (11) enjoyed the bad movie description game. “It’s a fun idea that really makes you think,” Salow said.

Along with thinking games, students participated in physical activities as well.

Junior Justin Grawe, another speech member, said, “While doing the scavenger hunt, (my team) tried to go outside, so we could beat the other team, but we actually just got locked out.”

Osborne believes students enjoyed the trivia most, but Grawe and Salow disagree.

I enjoyed being competitive with the other teams,” Grawe said. “It was fun to play against the group of teachers because they were just as competitive as the rest of us.”

“I liked the togetherness,” Salow said. “We grew even more as a team.”