District Speech Results

Hope Straley (11) and Justin Miester (12) record their TV News broadcast called “AWU” before the District contest.

Tyler Salow

Tyler Salow

Leah Philipp, Staff

On Saturday, January 20, the speech team participated in the Large Group District Contest in Cascade. Of the 31 groups that competed, 19 advanced to the State Contest in Decorah, which will be held Saturday, February 3.

“This is an amazing feat considering we lost two other performance opportunities due to the weather,” said head speech coach Abby Osborne.

Four of the advancing groups are from the freshman team, consisting of a group mime, short film, and two radio broadcasts.

Tyler Salow
During a Group Improv practice, senior Aleah Vaske and juniors Adam Andregg and Olivia Neuzil pretend they are at a concert.

About the Contributors
Leah Philipp, Contents Editor

I am Leah Philipp, and I am a senior. I’m involved in FFA, Speech, and NHS. I am obsessed with Thomas Rhett, french toast, and Netflix (especially Gilmore Girls and Friends).

Tyler Salow, Web Master

I am Tyler Salow and I am a Senior. I’m also the Webmaster of the Inklings, and no, that does not mean I am a spider. I am also involved in anything that happens to occur in the Hanson Auditorium including, but not limited to… Speech, Band, Back-up Band, Jazz Band, Musical, Play, as well as being involved in Student Council, NHS and our school’s robotics team.