Recent Posts
  • Two Darlas Bring Sunny Days to Students AgainTwo Darlas Bring Sunny Days to Students Again
    It only takes one. Once one person believes in another, that person can reach greater heights than they ever thought possible. Through helping students with their schoolwork, Darla Gaskill and Darla Weber work to be the inspiration many children are looking for—one study group at a time. “I started a study group at church by...
Check out Our Instagram!
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No feed found.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.

Mensen Builds Ticket Booth

Nick Mensen (12) spent three and half months building the ticket booth. (Photo courtesy of Nick Mensen).

For his Eagle Scout project, senior Nicholas Mensen built a ticket booth stand for the West Delaware Athletic Department.

Mensen started the ticket booth over Christmas break and finished the project in the beginning of March. 

Mensen received help from his dad, uncle, Evan Dunkel (11), Wes Devaney (11), and Delhi Lumber.

Senior Eagle Scout Nicholas Mensen built a ticket booth for the West Delaware Athletic Department. (Seth Goebel)

The Eagle Scout rank requires 21 merit badges, demonstration of the Scout Oath and Law, leadership positions in the troop for six months, and a service project to benefit an organization outside of Scouting. 

“Finding the time to do the project was the hardest part,” Mensen said.

According to athletic director Matt Weis, the school didn’t have a booth at the track and soccer field. Since the booth is movable, it can be used at other locations such as the baseball field. 

“Nick filled a huge hole for us,” Weis said.