Recent Posts
  • Protestors Push for Optional Mask WearingProtestors Push for Optional Mask Wearing
    As the school year draws to a close, tensions have been rising regarding mask mandates at West Delaware, culminating in a protest beginning around 8 a.m. Across the street from the central office, protestors, several of whom are parents, cited personal choice and mental health concerns in their fight against mask requirements. One protestor, Alexa...
Check out Our Instagram!
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No feed found.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.

Career Fair Fun

Students leave Waterloo career fair with prizes, more knowledge about cyber security.
Students+participate+in+the+cyber+security+contest+held+during+the+LooCon+March+7.+This+team+placed+third+in+the+competition.+
Jake Voss
Students participate in the cyber security contest held during the LooCon March 7. This team placed third in the competition.

Computer science students came home with prizes in their hands.

On March 7, 11 students attended and competed in a cyber security career fair called “LooCon” at the Waterloo Career Center. 

Out of 221 students and 29 different schools, one of the WD teams placed third in the entire competition. They received certificates and LooCon t-shirts.

Teacher Jake Voss said over 50 teams competed at the event, and the top three teams in the event received prizes.

“It was a cyber security competition called ‘Capture the Flag,’” Voss said. 

Voss said students participated in a decoding competition where they answered multiple questions in an hour. 

Students also visited with six representatives from different colleges and six of the best cyber professionals in Iowa.