FBLA State Results

Eight+students+smile+in+front+of+the+state+FBLA+sign+at+the+convention.+%0AFront+Row%3A+Ashleigh+Hartman%2C+Maddie+Hoeger%2C+Riley+Cook%3B+Back+Row%3A+Rachel+Wenger%2C+Allison+Mullen%2C+Alison+Deutmeyer%2C+Kennedy+Klostermann%2C+and+Anastasia+White.++

Eight students smile in front of the state FBLA sign at the convention. Front Row: Ashleigh Hartman, Maddie Hoeger, Riley Cook; Back Row: Rachel Wenger, Allison Mullen, Alison Deutmeyer, Kennedy Klostermann, and Anastasia White.

Eight students placed in the top ten at State FBLA in Coralville, which was held on Thursday, March 31, through Saturday, April 2.

FBLA advisor Jodie Bramel felt the competition was very exciting this year. “We had eight participants this year, and every single one of them placed in at least one event in the top ten, which was really exciting because there were over 600 kids,” Bramel said.

Over 675 students from 35 Iowa FBLA chapters competed. At the conference FBLA members participated in general sessions, competitive events, seminars, workshops, awards and other learning activities. 

Ashleigh Hartman (10) competed in Intro. to Information Technology. “Around 20 to 30 kids were in my event, and I placed eighth,” Hartman said. “I got to meet new people, socialize, learn more, and see how other people participate in FBLA. I learned a lot more about business.”