2020 Veterans Day Assembly

Members+of+The+American+Legion+Post+45+perform+the+Flag+Folding+Ceremony+at+the+Veterans+Day+Assembly.+

Brooke Holtz

Members of The American Legion Post 45 perform the Flag Folding Ceremony at the Veterans Day Assembly.

Lexi Harbach, Staff

With close to 1,500 positive COVID-19 cases in Delaware County, the annual Veterans Day Assembly was held over Facebook Live this year. 

Teacher Jordan Pollock decided to go the virtual route due to the social distancing guidelines. 

Students Aleah Heims (12) and Elias Tibbott (12) introduce the folding of the flag at the Veterans Day Assembly. (Booke Holtz)

“The challenge this year was setting up the recording equipment and being able to socially distance the participants,” Pollock said. 

To make the live stream possible, Joe Hegland, tech. coordinator, took charge of setting up the equipment and filming the event. Seniors Aleah Heims and Elias Tibbott also stepped in and helped announce the events during the assembly.

“Despite the unique challenges the pandemic created this year,” Pollock said. “We found a silver lining in the hope that more community members were able to view the assembly.”

In spite of the COVID-19 struggles, Pollock was not only able to hold the annual assembly, but he was also able to make it available to others as well.