West Delaware Announces Ag Educational Lab Open House

The+West+Delaware+Ag+Educational+Lab+open+house+will+be+held+on+May+23.+

Tehya Demmer

The West Delaware Ag Educational Lab open house will be held on May 23.

Tehya Demmer, Staff

The West Delaware Ag Department invites everyone to the Ag Educational Lab open house from 4:30 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, May 23.

The Ag Educational Lab is located east of the Delaware County Fair Grounds.

Students who were instrumental in building the Ag Educational Lab will be available as visitors view the Ag Educational Lab and its six head of beef cattle along with the Horticulture High Tunnel.

Planning for this lab began four years ago to benefit students in the ag programs. Students will participate in raising livestock as they learn about cattle breeds, cattle vaccinations, and feed rations.

“Hopefully, we can add more new classes to the ag science wing,” said graduate Josh Hilby, who was key in building the Ag Educational Lab. “That way, we can really utilize the barn fully.”

This facility has been made possible through the following sponsors: Farm Credit Services, Foundation for the Future of Delaware County, River Valley Coop, Land O’ Lakes, Norby’s Farm Fleet, Tom Drummy, Bodensteiner Implement, Three Rivers FS, Minn Tex, Citizens State Bank in Ryan, Simon’s Feed, Stansberry Ag Services, Ries Ag Marketing, Delaware County Farm Bureau, In Memory of Larry Wulfekuhle, Price Electric, Dupaco, Hilby Simmentals, Dolan Insurance, Craig and Brenda Saunders, William Havertape, Ardena-Arden and Dena Fischer, Doran Zumbach, Jerry Burk and Ryan Veterinary Service.