Krogmann Receives IBCA Academic All-State Award

Avoiding+defenders%2C+Derek+Krogmann+%2812%29+looks+for+an+open+teammate.+Krogmann+scored+512+points+on+the+season+and+broke+the+school%E2%80%99s+all-time+point+and+rebound+records+with+a+career+total+of+1%2C679+points+and+1128+rebounds.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Avoiding defenders, Derek Krogmann (12) looks for an open teammate. Krogmann scored 512 points on the season and broke the school’s all-time point and rebound records with a career total of 1,679 points and 1128 rebounds.

Emily Klostermann

Emily Klostermann

Emily Klostermann

JoAnna Voss, Sports Editor

Senior Derek Krogmann shines not only on the basketball court but also in the classroom.

Ellen Krogmann
Derek Krogmann (12) holds a certificate recognizing his Academic All-State honor. The Academic All-State team averaged 12.3 points per game; Krogmann averaged 21.3 points per game.

On March 7, the potential valedictorian and University of Northern Iowa commit received the Iowa Basketball Coaches Association Academic (IBCA) All-State award. A panel of IBCA members selected 21 recipients, including Krogmann, out of a pool of 85 athletes. According to the Iowa Basketball Coaches Association, the Academic All-State team averages a 30.3 composite ACT score, a 4.0 GPA, and a 12.3 points per game scoring average.

On top of this academic accomplishment, Krogmann was also selected for Class 3A’s first-team All-State and earned WaMaC Conference honors, making the WaMaC East All-Conference first team and earning the WaMaC East Player of the Year title.

Head Basketball Coach Matt Uthoff is impressed not only with Krogmann’s work ethic on and off the court but also his character.

Derek is a true definition of a student-athlete as he works extremely hard in both the classroom and on the court,” Uthoff said. “Aside from all of the accolades and basketball achievements he accomplished, Derek is just an all-around great young man. (He) is one of the most motivated, sincere, humble kids I have had the pleasure to coach.”

About the Contributors
JoAnna Voss, Sports Editor

I am JoAnna Voss, and I am a junior. I play softball and volleyball. I also am an administrative assistant for the wrestling team. When I’m not beating...

Emily Klostermann, Contents Editor

I am Emily Klostermann, and I am a senior. I am involved in softball, NHS, and FBLA. My favorite t.v. show is Grey's Anatomy and my favorite foods are...