DMACC Autos Competition

Jacob+Kaiser+and+Dakota+Limkemann+pose+for+a+picture+with+their+awards+after+winning+the+state+competition.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

DMACC Autos Competition

Jacob Kaiser and Dakota Limkemann pose for a picture with their awards after winning the state competition.

Jason Guyer

Jason Guyer

Jason Guyer

Emily Klostermann, Contents Editor

Seniors Jacob Kaiser and Dakota Limkemann placed first in the DMACC Autos Competition on Friday, Dec. 14.

In October, Kaiser and Limkemann completed the written portion of the competition in order to qualify for the hands-on portion. During the hands-on portion, they completed eight different stations where they diagnosed a problem with the car at each station.

The pair qualified for nationals and will travel to New York at the end of April to compete.

In addition to qualifying for nationals, they also received a tool box, along with various tools, and a scholarship to DMACC.                                              

It was awesome to win because we felt we wouldn’t,” Kaiser said, “and because our school has won the competition for the past couple years.”

About the Writer
Emily Klostermann, Contents Editor

I am Emily Klostermann, and I am a senior. I am involved in softball, NHS, and FBLA. My favorite t.v. show is Grey's Anatomy and my favorite foods are...