Cakes by Courtney

Back to Article
Back to Article

Cakes by Courtney

Courtney's Cakes, Cupcakes, and more.

Courtney's Cakes, Cupcakes, and more.

Courtney Davis

Courtney's Cakes, Cupcakes, and more.

Courtney Davis

Courtney Davis

Courtney's Cakes, Cupcakes, and more.

Danielle Krogmann, Staff

During December of 2015, 12-year-old Courtney Davis (11) sold her first batch of cupcakes. This kick-started her own baking business called Courtney’s Cakes, Cupcakes, and More.

Before selling her baked goods, Davis only made them for fun and to share with her family. She would decorate them to look like masterpieces and then post pictures of them on her Facebook page and on her Instagram account @courtneyssweettreats2018.

“People kept saying that they wanted some (desserts) and that they were amazing and I should do something with them. So I just started taking orders,” Davis said.

Ever since her first sale, Davis has made over 40 cakes.

Davis makes cakes and cupcakes for birthdays, weddings, baby reveals, Mother’s Days, and even Cinco de Mayo. Some of Davis’ cupcake designs include watermelons, flowers, chicks for Easter, and Christmas trees.

To frost the her creations, Davis uses homemade buttercream frosting because it holds better and is easy to change the flavor.

Sometimes, to mix up how Davis presents her Reese’s cake, she sprinkles crushed Reese’s on top.

Out of all the cakes she makes, Davis’ and her customers’ favorite is the Reese’s cake. “The flavor is great and you can present it in many different ways,” Davis said.

About the Writer
Danielle Krogmann, Staff

My name is Danielle Krogmann, and I am a junior. I am involved in basketball. I live on a farm and raise puppies with my family. I enjoy playing with my...