Recent Posts
  • Two Darlas Bring Sunny Days to Students AgainTwo Darlas Bring Sunny Days to Students Again
    It only takes one. Once one person believes in another, that person can reach greater heights than they ever thought possible. Through helping students with their schoolwork, Darla Gaskill and Darla Weber work to be the inspiration many children are looking for—one study group at a time. “I started a study group at church by...
Check out Our Instagram!
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No feed found.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.

West Delaware Holds Second Blood Drive of the Year

Audrey Jolley
On Feb. 29, Claire Manson (11) donates blood to help save lives!

On Feb. 29, the student council joined the American Red Cross to host West Delaware’s second blood drive of the year at the Delaware County Fairgrounds Community Center. 

Sixty people throughout the community donated blood. Of the 60, 25 were West Delaware students.

Mary Wegmann, Student Council advisor, sets up two blood drives a year to help save lives in and outside of the community and to create a lifelong habit for students.

“Blood can’t be manufactured,” Wegmann said. “It has to be donated from another human being.” 

Student council made sure everyone was feeling welcome and supported.

Gwenith Pasker (11) helped with the blood drive. “I can help out the community and help save lives,” Pasker said.

Senior Ashleigh Hartman donated blood. 

“It went really well,” Hartman said. “Emmy, who took my blood, was cracking jokes with me. Volunteers from Student Council were extremely helpful and kind.”