Recent Posts
  • Hawks Focus on TakeawaysHawks Focus on Takeaways
    It’s Friday night or never. With one game remaining, the Hawks risk losing their reputation of having a winning football team. Eight games into the season, the Hawks are 4-4. Friday night, the Hawks have a chance to redeem themselves when they face Waterloo East, 0-9. The rough season has shocked the community. West Delaware...
Check out Our Instagram!
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No feed found.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.

It Takes Little Time to Save a Life

Student Council Hosts Blood Drive

West Delaware Student Council members along with the American Red Cross hosted a blood drive that collected 39 units of blood.

The drive was held on Thursday, Dec. 7, at the Delaware County Fairgrounds Community Center. 

Junior Abigail Kass has helped organize the blood drive since her freshman year. 

“I think the most important part of it is that you’re giving an hour of your time to save three lives,” Kass said. “It’s such a small sacrifice that can do so much.”

Along with Kass, Brooklin Ante (10), Ava Bockenstedt (12), Izzy Demmer (10), Stephanie La Rosa (12), Claire Manson (11), Gwen Pasker (11), and Maya Pennington (10) helped with the blood drive. 

Senior Ethan Grawe has donated blood four times.

“You never know who needs it,” Grawe said. “It’s an extremely easy way to make a positive impact on someone’s life.”

Grawe feels as though anyone who can donate blood should donate.

“That’s why I’ll continue to donate throughout my life,” Grawe said.