Recent Posts
  • What is “Best of SNO?”What is “Best of SNO?”
    Journalists crave recognition. At least, that’s what “Best of SNO” tells us. Our host site, “School Newspapers Online,” allows us to submit our articles to them for review, and if they deem the story “engaging, relevant, concise and free of spelling errors,” they will post it to their personal site, “Best of SNO.” The articles...
Check out Our Instagram!
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No feed found.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.

Uncommon Christmas Traditions

Students celebrates Christmas in a variety of ways.
Bow+scooping+away+to+victory%2C+sophomore+Jack+Cantwell+beats+Tate+Wilson-Bries+as+Jack+Smith+watches+with+amusement.++
Elio Grieson
Bow scooping away to victory, sophomore Jack Cantwell beats Tate Wilson-Bries as Jack Smith watches with amusement.

West Delaware students celebrate Christmas in both traditional and nontraditional ways.

Sophomore Alexis Bunting enjoys surprising unsuspecting families in town with anonymous gifts. 

She and her family pack a van with big bags filled with presents and ding-dong ditch various families in town. They ring their doorbell, drop off one of the bags by the door, and run back to the van. 

“Ding-dong ditching people with gifts just lets me give back to the world and make other people happy,” Bunting said. 

Junior Kendra Lux enjoys a tasty family tradition. When Lux’s grandma was a little girl, her mom made a delicious treat called “bubble bread.” 

“It’s Monkey Bread but with a little Lux twist,” Lux said. The twist is not anything special—just made with extra love.

Sophomore Madylin Gramer celebrates Thanksgiving and Christmas with her family in one night. Gramer and her family start their fun-filled day with a Thanksgiving dinner and then transition into playing Christmas-themed games and opening gifts. 

“I love being with my family and doing fun stuff with them,” Gramer said.

After gifts, Gramer’s whole family drives around to look at Christmas lights and then watches a Christmas movie. 

Last, but not least, is the tradition of the White Elephant. Junior Jade Pohlmann has her White Elephant tradition where everyone in her family brings one gift each and piles them into the middle of a table. They take turns drawing numbers to determine when they grab a gift. 

“I always get the highest number so I have to wait the longest, but waiting longer is better so I can scope out the presents and pick my favorite,” Pohlmann said.

Common or rare, it doesn’t matter what you do, just who you are with and the memories you make.