Recent Posts
  • The Perfect Ending to Four State TitlesThe Perfect Ending to Four State Titles
    Winning a state dual title is impressive by any means, but that wasn’t enough for top-ranked West Delaware. With the senior class of 2022 leading this year’s team to their fourth straight victory, their win this season came with hardships, lessons, and teamwork. Heading into the 2021-2022 wrestling season, the Hawks’ starting lineup consisted of...
Check out Our Instagram!
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No feed found.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.

Giving Students Voice

Students Read Announcements
Liz Sleeper
Audrey Jolley (12) and Noelle Bardgett (12) read the morning announcements.

Starting at the beginning of the school year, students and staff have been reading the morning announcements over the PA.

The Building Leadership Committee decided to have students read the morning announcements on the intercom in order to get students more involved during the day. To begin the year, teachers and staff read the announcements. 

“Since we don’t hear from students much, we want student voices delivering the news to students and to encourage leadership opportunities,” BLT member Abigail Goldsmith said. 

Students go down to the office in the morning and are handed a paper copy of the announcement. Before reading the announcement, secretaries Kay La Rosa and Erin Gudenkauf guide students to the intercom. At 8 a.m.,  students read the announcement and lead the “Pledge of Allegiance.”

Even though students are reading the announcements in the morning, announcements are still emailed to students. 

“Students should continue to read the email announcements Mrs. Erin Gudenkauf sends out because there could be more detail in the email that students should know,” Goldsmith said.

Teacher Bev Hermsen encouraged NHS members to sign up to read the announcements. 

Senior NHS member Abigail O’Rear felt reading the announcements was easy. “When I read them, I was a little nervous because I didn’t want to mess up, but it was easier having my friend there.”