Recent Posts
  • Beating the Language BarrierBeating the Language Barrier
    When someone moves, oftentimes they stress about where they’re going to sleep, how they’re going to keep in contact with their family, or if they’ll ever see their friends again. For sophomore María Fernanda Ávila Duarte, an even bigger reality hit: how was she going to be understood? For the past 16 years, Duarte lived...
Check out Our Instagram!
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No feed found.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.

Cheerleaders Participate In Iowa Honor Squad

This fall, three cheerleaders were nominated to cheer in the Iowa Honor Squad. 

Madelynn Zehr (12), Madison Wieser (12), and Jaidyn Ronnebaum (11) participated in a dance with 200 other cheerleaders on Nov. 17 during the halftime of the Class 2A and 3A state football games. The girls and coach Angie Zehr went to Ames on Nov. 12 and practiced for eight hours. Then, they went to the University of Northern Iowa the day before their performance and practiced with the other cheerleaders. They practiced one last time on the morning of the games. 

“I was excited to do it because I have wanted to do it since I was a freshman!” Wieser said.