District Speech Results

Matthew+Salas+%2812%29%2C+Coach+Nick+Bushkofsky%2C+and+Emma+Dunkel+%2812%29+practice+their+state+qualifying+TV+News+at+the+middle+school.+%E2%80%9CI%E2%80%99m+happy+that+I+made+it+to+state%2C%E2%80%9D+Emma+Dunkel+said.+%E2%80%9CI%E2%80%99m+proud+of+our+group+and+what+we+have+accomplished+so+far.%E2%80%9D+
Back to Article
Back to Article

District Speech Results

Matthew Salas (12), Coach Nick Bushkofsky, and Emma Dunkel (12) practice their state qualifying TV News at the middle school. “I’m happy that I made it to state,” Emma Dunkel said. “I’m proud of our group and what we have accomplished so far.”

Molly Mullis

Molly Mullis

Molly Mullis

Sydney Morris, Staff

On Saturday, Jan. 25, the West Delaware Speech Team competed at the District Large Group Speech competition. Out of the 31 events, 19 qualified for the state contest. State Speech will be held on Feb. 8 at Dubuque Senior High School.

“We had many groups make it to state. There was a couple that we thought for sure would make it, but didn’t, so that was a heartbreaker,” Head Coach Abby Osborne said. “However, that’s the reality of speech. Sometimes it’s just one judge in one day that may not like what you’re doing.”