All-State Singing Success

Back to Article
Back to Article

All-State Singing Success

Justin Grawe (12) sang baritone while Olivia Neuzil (12) sang Alto II in the All State Choir.

James Nachtman, Staff

After being accepted into the All State Choir on Oct. 20, seniors Justin Grawe and Olivia Neuzil performed at the All-State Festival in the Hilton Coliseum in Ames on Nov. 17.

Both Grawe and Neuzil were selected for the All-State choir for the second time in their music careers, joining 600 other All-State vocalists.  

During the performance, the All State Choir sang eight songs, adding movement to several. In addition, the All-State orchestra and band each performed.

Grawe enjoyed the opportunity to perform in the choir. “At one point during the performance, we all locked arms and swayed back and forth,” Grawe said. “This looked really cool with all 600 of us moving at the same time.”

After going through the All-State process, Neuzil feels performing with the All-State choir was a “cherry on the top.”

About the Writer
James Nachtman, Staff

My name is James Nachtman, and I am a sophomore. I am involved with robotics and the music department. I love to ride my bike, sing, make corny puns, build...