The student news site of West Delaware High School

TV Spree

New TV Sets Arrive at WDHS

Sophomore Matthew Salas checks the announcements for new information while in the library. The new TV sets allows students like Salas to revisit the announcements without opening an electronic device.

Hannah Wenger

Hannah Wenger

Hannah Wenger, Staff

Three televisions displaying helpful information were installed throughout the school over the summer.

With a $25,000 grant, the school purchased one interactive TV to support and promote the DelCo Best Program.

Additionally, Principal Tim Felderman purchased two 55-inch TV sets to report DelCo Best information and to display the announcements, the weather report and the daily schedule.

District Technology Director Joe Hegland and the High School office staff update the daily information. Furthermore, librarian Stephanie Stocks assembled a series of book-related media to display in the library.

Felderman has considered buying several more 55-inch TVs to move the information beyond the hallways. “My desire is to have teachers use them in the classrooms,” Felderman said. “[The TV sets] handle the technical stuff like projection at a fraction of a cost of replacing an old projector.”

In the future, Stocks hopes to display student projects and assignments on the TVs. “I’ve already contacted teachers looking for pictures or other cool things,” Stocks said.