On Oct. 1 at West Delaware High School, students experience flooding of their vehicles .

Creek Creates Complications for Cars

On Oct. 1,  a sudden flood struck Manchester, flooding several students’ vehicles.

Mason Gillihan (11) parked his 2002 Chevy Silverado by Brown Field on Prospect St. “I was at the fairgrounds practicing and nobody told us that it was flooding,” Gillihan said.

When Gillihan returned to the school, he found water up to the seats on his truck. After talking to the police, they said that the water was too high for him to retrieve it.

“I went back to the school around 8 p.m,” Gillihan said. “Everything in my car was wet. I took out everything, even my seats, and it took a while to get everything dry.”

Gracie Weeks (11) had parked her car behind the school close to the music wing. She was at the UNI Vocal Festival when she heard about the flood.

“By the time I was called and called my parents, it was too late,” Weeks said. “Guyer was sending me pictures of my car in the water. I basically started crying at UNI.”

Weeks’ car sustained interior damage although the next day she was able to start her car. Her dad helped her clean out her car, and they vacuumed the water out. They had to throw a lot of stuff in her car away.

“My car smells bad, so to make sure we keep it fresh, we have air fresheners everywhere,” Weeks said.

Inklings • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All Inklings Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *