What’s Next?

Teachers and staff leaving after the 2016- 2017 school year.

Alex Zumbach, Staff

Eager to continue their careers or ready to unwind, several staff members are leaving West Delaware High School after this school year.

Mary Peterson

Mary Peterson has worked with special education students for the past three years. Peterson said, “(For) some kids, I felt I was instrumental in making big improvements in their schooling.”

She plans on working on her family’s beef and crop farm in Ossian and then getting married within the year. She also plans on getting a new job in a nearby school district.

Libby Bishop

For four years Libby Bishop has been a guidance counselor at West Delaware. She is moving to Florida with her husband and new daughter for her husband’s new job opportunity in Vero Beach.

Bishop’s proudest moment at West Delaware was when she helped a former student achieve his dream of going to college in Europe. Bishop plans on continuing her counseling career by finding a counseling job in her new community.

Megan Elsinger

Megan Elsinger taught government for six years and has been an Instructional Coach for the past two. “I’m going to miss our staff and working with teachers,” said Elsinger. “I’m also going to miss the students. I think the student body here is pretty awesome.”

Elsinger’s next career opportunity is in Elkader working at Keystone Area Education Agency.

Diana Ross

Diana Ross, lead custodian, started working as a housekeeper at West Delaware 30 years ago. “I am just really proud of the whole system, the students and the staff,” Ross said. “I made a lot of lifelong friends here. It’s been a good ride.”

After finishing this year, Ross plans on relaxing and enjoying herself by traveling and camping.

Kelly Jared

For 36 years Kelly Jared has worked at West Delaware. Jared spent 15 years as a substitute teacher, 13 years as a business teacher, and eight years as the Director of Finance.

Jared loves working at West Delaware and especially appreciates how everyone works together as a great team. Jared looks forward to relaxing and spending more time with family.